||Pages / Sites Specifically Serving Women
- International Congress on Buddhist Women’s Role in the Sangha: Bhikshuni Vinaya and Ordination Lineages.
The first Congress will be held at the University of Hamburg from July 18-20, 2007, in cooperation with the University’s Asia-Africa Institute.
- Women Active in Buddhism (WAiB) homepage Highly recommended; much more complete than this. In fact, so much so that I have just deleted most of the links I had here; they are already there
- The Emperor's Tantric Robes Interview of June Campbell by Helen Tworkov, on the patriarchy, misogyny, and secrecy of Tibetan monasticism. Originally from the Winter 1996 Tricycle.
- Sakyadhita International The International Association of Buddhist Women
- Tenzin Palmo is Watering the Nuns an article about the English Buddhist nun's work to start a nunnery in Northern India, for women from the Himalayan border region (including Ladakh, Bhutan and Lahul) where there is currently nothing available for nuns.
- Dongyu Gatsal Ling Nunnery - founded by Tenzin Palmo in 2000 to provide an environment where young women from Tibet and the Himalayan border regions could come together to study and practise in accordance with the Drukpa Kargyu tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Thosamling Nunnery - the first Tibetan Buddhist Nunnery for Western women.
- UU Sangha Fall 99 - issue on Feminism & Buddhism
- Women's Early Eastern Spirituality in July 2006 this webring appears to be gone. It had Buddhist topics as well as others; biography, poetry, stories, songs, essays, art... from women and about women of the Ancient East. Before that it was called "Early Women Masters in Buddhism, Taoism, Shinto & Zen." A remnant still exists on the Nonduality Salon.
- Zen/Tao/Buddhism/Englightenment & Women