links on practical points of theory
- Chenrezig Sadhana Rick Fields says that Chenrezig meditation has all the elements in the higher vajrayana practicese, without the risks.
- Dogen's "Ceaseless Practice" gives a non-authoritarian basis for ethics; describes what sounds to me like Chi-I's "meditation according to mentation"
- Henepola Gunaratana's works:
- Jhanas 01 Introduction to vipassana (insight) meditation, with definition of various kinds of concentration (jhana).
- Mindfulness In Plain English, by Ven. Henepola Gunaratana. Complete text of his book is online. Very helpful!
- Metta Meditation
- The Progress of Insight by Mahasi Sayadaw; translated by Nyanaponika Thera; ©1994. From the Accesss to Insight online library. Sattipatthana is mindfulness meditation; it includes vipassana (frequently thought of as the whole category)
- Shinzen Young's site, on vipassana meditation
- Spiritual Fidelity - Jetsunma Ahkön Lhamo
- Tokunaga - Sunyata in Pure Land Buddhism